Blood Spot Testing
Dried blood spot is a form of collection where patients place blood drops on a filter card after a finger prick with a lancet. Once dry, blood spot cards are extremely stable for shipment and storage, and the dried blood format offers excellent correlation with serum tests.
Why Measure in Blood Spot?
Blood spot is ideal for measuring hormones and other analytes such as insulin, blood lipids, Vitamin D, thyroid hormones, and elements like magnesium. It offers distinct advantages over serum because it eliminates the need for a blood draw – saving patients time and money.
- No Needles, No Office Visit!
- ZRT Labs has developed the science for accurately measuring hormones in dried blood spot and is currently one of the only labs to offer this method commercially.
- ZRT labs has convenient blood spot collection eliminates blood draw needles, blood draw fees and the need to see a phlebotomist.
- Patients can collect their sample at home at the time that suits them. Research also shows that blood spot is more accurate than serum for measuring blood hormone levels in patients supplementing topically.
- Unlike other labs, patients do not need to stop hormone supplementation to use ZRT Labs testing because we have ranges adjusted for age, menstrual status and supplementation types. This is the ideal method for tracking the effectiveness of hormone treatments.